Sent in by
Mike Reetz (66-67) and several others.
For Those Who Love the Philosophy of
Ambiguity, as well as the idiosyncrasies of English.
1. Don't Sweat The Petty Things And Don't
Pet The Sweaty Things.
2. One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor.
3. Atheism Is A Non-Prophet Organization.
4. If Man Evolved From Monkeys And Apes, Why Do We Still Have Monkeys And Apes?
5. The Main Reason That Santa Is So Jolly Is Because He Knows Where All The Bad
6. I Went to a Bookstore and asked the Saleswoman, "Where's the Self-Help
section?" She said If she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
7. What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
8. If A Deaf Child Signs Swear Words, Does His Mother Wash His Hands With Soap?
9. If Someone With Multiple Personalities Threatens To Kill Himself, Is It
Considered A Hostage Situation?
10. Is There Another Word For Synonym?
11. Where Do Forest Rangers Go To "Get Away From It All?"
12. What Do You Do When You See An Endangered Animal Eating An Endangered Plant?
13. If A Parsley Farmer Is Sued, Can They Garnish His Wages?
14. Would A Fly Without Wings Be Called A Walk?
15. Why Do They Lock Gas Station Bathrooms? Are They Afraid Someone Will Clean
16. If A Turtle Doesn't Have A Shell, Is He Homeless Or Naked?
17. Can Vegetarians Eat Animal Crackers?
18. If The Police Arrest A Mime, Do They Tell Him He Has The Right To Remain
19. Why Do They Put Braille On The Drive-Through Bank Machines?
20. How Do They Get Deer To Cross The Road Only At Those Yellow Road Signs?
21. What Was The Best Thing Before Sliced Bread?
22. One Nice Thing About Egotists: They Don't Talk About Other People.
23. Does The Little Mermaid Wear An Algebra?
24. Do Infants Enjoy Infancy As Much As Adults Enjoy Adultery?
25. How Is It Possible To Have A Civil War?
26. If One Synchronized Swimmer Drowns, Do The Rest Drown Too?
27. If You Ate Both Pasta And Antipasto, Would You Still Be Hungry?
28. If You Try To Fail, And Succeed, Which Have You Done?
29. Whose Cruel Idea Was It For The Word 'Lisp' To Have 'S' In It?
30. Why Are Hemorrhoids Called "Hemorrhoids" Instead Of "Assteroids"?
31. Why Is It Called Tourist Season If We Can't Shoot At Them?
32. Why Is There An Expiration Date On Sour Cream?
33. If You Spin An Oriental Person In A Circle Three Times, Do They Become
34. Can An Atheist Get Insurance Against Acts Of God?
Sent in by Roger Hatcher (66-67)
1. Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?
2. Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?
3. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?
4. If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?
5. Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?
6. Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?
7. Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?
8. Why do "tug" boats push their barges?
9. Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we are already there?
10. Why are they called " stands" when they are made for sitting?
11. Why is it called "after dark" when it really is "after light"?
12. Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?
13. Why are a "wise man" and a "wise guy" opposites?
14. Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things?
15. Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?
16. If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it?
17. If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
18. If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
19. If you are cross-eyed and have dyslexia, can you read all right?
20. Why is bra singular and panties plural?
21. Why do you press harder on the buttons of a remote control when you know the
batteries are dead?
22. Why do we put suits in garment bags and garments in a suitcase?
23. How come abbreviated is such a long word?
24. Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?
25.. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
26. Why do they call it a TV set when you only have one?
27. Christmas - What other time of the year do you sit in front of a dead tree
and eat candy out of your socks?
28. Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway ?
Sent in by Rich Webekind (66-67)
1. Do not walk behind me. I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me. I may not
follow. Do not walk beside me. Just leave me alone.
2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt.
3. It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbor's
newspaper, that's the time.
4. Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
5. Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.
6. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
7. If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car
8. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That
way, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
9. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
10. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he
will sit in your boat all day.
11. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably
12. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
13. Some days you're the bug. Some days you're the windshield.
14. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
15. Good judgment comes from bad experiences, and a lot of them.
16. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back
in your pocket.
17. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
18. Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side; and it
holds the universe together.
19. There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither works.
20. Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.
21. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
22. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
Last but not least...
23. Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative the same night.
Sent in by Rich Webekind (66-67)
was visiting my daughter when I asked if I could borrow the newspaper. She said.
"I don't waste money on newspapers. Here, you can borrow my iPad." I can tell
you one thing; that fly never knew what hit him.
Sent in by Rich Webekind (66-67)
- I changed my iPod's name to Titanic. It's syncing now.
- When chemists die, they barium.
- Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.
- I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time.
- How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it.
- I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
- This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met
- I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.
- I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.
- They told me I had type-A blood, but it was a Type-O.
- Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.
- We're going on a class trip to the Coca-Cola factory. I hope there's no pop
- I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.
- Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job because she
couldn't control her pupils?
- When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble.
- Broken pencils are pointless.
- I tried to catch some fog, but I mist.
- What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.
- England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.
- I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.
- I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.
- I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.
- Haunted French pancakes give me the crÍpes.
- A cartoonist was found dead in his home. Details are sketchy.
- Venison for dinner again? Oh deer!
- The earthquake in Washington obviously was the government's fault.
- Velcro - what a rip off!
Copyright © 2008 - 2018 by 1/83rd Artillery Association. All rights reserved.