1/83rd Unit News
1. Remembrances - March was the Anniversary month of two of our 1/83rd
Brothers who did not make it home from Vietnam.
March 20th was the 50th Anniversary of the death of Joseph Cruz Baza, a Veteran of C Battery (1968).
March 31st was the 47th Anniversary of the death of Robert Lee, a Veteran of HQ Battery (1970-71).
More on Joseph and Robert can be found on our website.
1a. Remembrances - April is the Anniversary month of two of our 1/83rd Brothers who did not make it home from Vietnam.
April 13th will be the 48th Anniversary of the death of both Clifford Earnhardt, a Veteran of A Battery (1969-70) and Larry Francis, a Veteran of Service Battery (1969-70).
More on Clifford and Larry can be found on our website.
1b. Remembrances - May is the Anniversary month of one of our 1/83rd Brothers who did not make it home from Vietnam.
May 18th will be the 49th Anniversary of the death of our Fred (Doc) Paddleford, a Veteran of HQ, A and C Batteries (1968-69).
More on Doc can be found on our website.
Lest we Forget.
1. 2018 Reunion - The next Reunion will be in San Antonio, Texas from September 23-25 with an optional post-Reunion daytrip to Fredericksburg, Texas on September 26. The Reunion will be at the Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel. More details can be found at this link on this website including details on how to make hotel reservations at our group rate.
There is also a list of those who expect to attend the Reunion available on this page. Please review it and make sure you are listed correctly if you are attending.2. VA Benefits - VA and U.S. Digital Service Launch New Web Tool to Help Veterans Track their Benefits Appeals.
ANZAC Day 2018 is April 25. This is a solemn occasion for all Australians
and New Zealanders, particularly the Veteran community. Let us all say a prayer
for all the brave souls who sacrificed so much in all wars. Here is more on
4. 1/83rd Website - Please let me know if you come across any links in my website that are broken. With so much content, it is inevitable that links go out of date so let me know if you find one that does not work.
5. Full Roster on Website - Check your entry on the Full Roster to make sure all your information is up to date. Notify me if any changes are necessary. If your email stops working, I cannot reach you if you have incomplete or incorrect contact details on the roster.
Please remember that all contact info that we have for our group can be found on the Full Roster. This is the best spot to start if you need to contact one of the group.
6. Support - Please let me know if anyone of you or your family have health situations so we can let everyone know of the need for our support.
Photo of the Week
Riverwalk, San Antonio Texas, site of the 2018 Reunion of the 1/83rd.
Interesting Links and More
1. Rex Hon (66-67) sent this link to a book titled Waiting for an Army to Die: The Tragedy of Agent Orange.
3. Danny Sandoval (66-67) sent this video link. This version of the "We Gotta Get Out of This Place" music video was created by Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum as part of its ongoing effort to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War. The men who are featured in the video are all Vietnam Veterans who have helped to build the exhibit. "We Gotta Get Out of This Place" was one of the most requested songs by United States Armed Forces members stationed in South Vietnam during the war.
4. Rex Hon (66-67) sent this link which will "explain" the recent interest in Bitcoin Currency.
5. Rich Webekind (66-67) sent this link titled The Juggler. It has been around before but still is very funny.
Did you Know
Around ten percent of the ordinance dropped on London during World War II by the Germans didnít explode and, to this day, live bombs are still uncovered during construction projects.
(Courtesy of How-To Geek Newsletter)
1. If you come across anything that you think may be a good addition to our website let me know. Also, if you have any questions or suggestions regarding the website, let me know.
2. Check out all the latest updates by looking at the website Table of Contents.
Vietnam Veterans of America
|1. VVA website|
|Check your entry on the Full Roster to make sure all your information is up to date. Notify me if any changes are necessary. If your email stops working, I cannot reach you if you have incomplete contact details on the roster.|
|Missing members of the 1/83rd||
Help us find those former 83rd members who haven't
found us yet!!
I am sure that each of us has someone they would really like to reconnect with. If we all pitch in, we may find many more of our old buddies. Here are some ways to do that:
1. If you are in contact or have contact info for any 1/83rd guys please contact them and tell them about our group or at least tell me and I will contact them.
2. Look through the roster on the website and if you know of others who are not listed, let me know who they are. Also, if you see any incorrect or missing info (including your own entry) let me know.
3. If you have copies of old orders tucked away someplace, send me a copy so I can make sure those names are on the roster.
4. Sometimes all it takes is a name and location and we can find someone but the more details we know the better our chances.
|Rules & Regs||If anyone would like a current copy of the "Rules & Regs" document which has helpful information about using the website, let me know. Go to Contact Us and submit your request or email me directly.|
If you get an email from and it has a website link
included anywhere within the email, most times you should be able to just click
on the link and you will be taken to the website. Sometimes however, the link
will not work because, in sending you the email, the link is deactivated
although it is still usable. If this should happen, another way to use the link
is to copy and paste it into the address line on your browser. Please be sure to
let me know if you have any questions on this.
Please make sure that your email system allows emails to be received from both of my email addresses, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com